David Luehr, MD, FAAFP
Medical Director - Primary Care / Chief Medical Officer
Toll Free: 888.722.8802
600 East Superior St., #502 | Duluth, MN 55802
Dr. Luehr decided that he wanted to be a Family Physician in the seventh grade. He accomplished his goal and has served as a Family Physician in Cloquet for over 30 years. His residency was at the Duluth Family Practice Residency, and with his other responsibilities, he continues to precept there. He has a long held passion to improve the quality of health delivered by physicians everywhere.
Outside of medicine, he enjoys Cross Country Skiing and has just completed his 30th Birkebeiner Race. He played baritone in the St. Olaf Concert band in college, and he continues to play in the Cloquet community band. Dr. Luehr enjoys fishing, camping in the Boundary Waters Canoe area and on Western trout streams. He also enjoys deer hunting in the fall and gardening and golfing during the summer.
This past year his wife Dana Luehr completed her Education Doctorate Degree, his son Christopher graduated from the University of Minnesota Law School and his youngest daughter, Anna, received her masters degree from the Monterey Institute for International Policy. His middle child, Catie, is a Lutheran pastor in Orange County, California and is captain of her roller derby team.
- Medical Director for Nothstar Physicians and CareNorth
- Served as President of the Minnesota Medical Association
- Past alternate delegate to the American Medical Association
- Chaired the MMA committee on Quality in Medicine for four years.
- Associate Clinical Professor at the University Medical School
- Fellow in the American Academy of Family Physicians
- Listed in Best Doctors in America
- Thomas Stolee Award Winner for Dedication to Medicine
- Undergraduate education - St. Olaf College
- Graduate of the University of Minnesota Medical School
- Duluth Family Practice Residency