Jeffrey L. Tucker, EFPM
Jeffrey L. Tucker, EFPM
President and CEO
Toll Free: 888.722.8802
600 East Superior St., #502 | Duluth, MN 55802
Jeffrey L. Tucker has more than 24 years experience in health care. Jeff joined Northstar as Director of Network Development in 1997, with responsibilities that included development of the group purchasing program, oversight of the malpractice risk management, utilization review and the quality improvement areas. He has chaired committees at the care system level; was an active founding member of a regional healthcare technology consortium; lead the development of a group purchasing program, and sat on the technology advisory committee for a large malpractice carrier.
In August of 2005, the Northstar board of directors appointed Jeff CEO. At the October, 2005 board meeting, CareNorth Health (then a partnership of Northstar Physicians Network, Northland Medical Associates and St. Luke's Hospital), appointed Jeff as Administrative Director and then in 2008, Vice President of Primary Care. Since that time, he has overseen the expansion of the network's services including a focus on health care technologies such as electronic health records, e-prescribing, e-clinic visits, web-based care coordination and a personal health record pilot project.
Services offered to member clinics have been expanded as well, including purchasing expense management, contracting and reimbursement analysis and piloting new models of healthcare. He has overseen the largest growth in the network's history, with the number of clinic members expanding the network in number of providers, specialties and geographical reach (from 15 members to 43 member clinics).
In 2009-2010, Jeff played an integral role in the combining of two long-established names in healthcare, creating a new entity to respond to market forces and offer an alternative to the big corporate systems. In April, 2010, he was elected President and CEO of Integrity Health Network, LLC - a merger of Northstar Physicians Network (129 physicians) and Northland Medical Associates (40 physicians).
- Top 100 Influential Names in Healthcare Award (2012) - Minnesota Physician
- Outstanding Achievement Award (2011) - Recognized by Minnesota Physician as one of the Top 23 in Healthcare as nominated by peers
- Executive Fellowship in Practice Management (AAMM)
- United States Air Force and MN Air National Guard (10 years) (multiple commendations and awards)
- Certified Clinic Account Technician (AGPAM)
- Owned and operated a medical billing & consulting firm later sold to a large clinic in 1996
- Recipient of The President's Award for his dedication, loyalty and service to the cause of independent medicine (Northstar Physicians Network)
- Minnesota Rural Health Association
- Minnesota Provider Coalition
- Minnesota Medical Group Management Association
- The American Academy of Medical Management
- Minnesota Walking Horse Association
- National Walking Horse Association
- Happy Tooth Cavity Fighter's Club
- Serves as President of the board of directors of The Windchill Legacy, Ltd. - a non-profit equine rescue and education outreach
- Serves on the board of directors for the Lake Superior Railroad Museum and North Shore Scenic Railroad (also serving on the Human Resource Committee)
- Serves on the board of directors for the Duluth - Superior Symphony Orchestra (currently also serving on the Finance Committee)
- Serves on the board of directors for the Collaborative Care Cooperative, a wrap-around specialty network designed to work with various entities on alternative contracting methodologies
With the exception of time spent in military service, and a couple of years managing medical practices and a university administrative office, Jeff has been a life-long resident of the Duluth/Superior area. He is the father of three children, Jordan, Amanda, and Breanna. Jordan passed away of SADS (heart failure) in 2008 at the age of 18 years and five days, and Jeff has created an environmental scholarship in Jordan's memory. Jeff is actively involved in the community and in the operation of Raindance Horses, LLC.
In 2008, Jeff and his former partner rescued a nine-month old colt that led to national media attention as they tried to save him from the extreme starvation and neglect that he had been subjected to. After Windchill's death, an organization was started to carry on his name, and Jeff serves as President of The Windchill Legacy, Ltd., a non-profit foundation dedicated to education, and fighting equine and animal abuse and neglect.
- Bachelor of Science, Upper Iowa University, 1995, Dual Major - Human Resource Management and Financial Management, graduated with honors
- Associate Degrees in Accounting and Management